PRIMER-AQ-P is a silicone resin solvent-based primer and is used to promote chemical bonding and enhance adhesion of silicone sealant and RTV.
Compared to conventional primers, the adhesiveness to difficult-to-bond substrates including acrylic electrodeposition, fluorocarbon polymer coating is improved.
The drying time is shorter than conventional primers, so it can contribute to the productivity.
|Non Volatile Content||6-8%|
|Drying Time||over 10 mins|
PRIMER-AQ-P is designed for improving adhesion to a variety of substrates. To achieve the optimum bonding results, the following steps are recommended:
- Thoroughly clean surface with a suitable solvent such as ethanol to remove dirt, oil and grease. Allow time for solvent to dry.
- After solvent dries, apply PRIMER-AQ-P by clean clothes, brushing, dipping or spraying. Less is better. A thin-film of primer will provide the best results in most cases.
- At room temperature and 50%RH, the primer coat should be allowed to dry for 10 minutes.
- Once primer has been allowed to properly dry, apply RTV silicone sealant as directed.
*Make sure to conduct adhesion tests with actual substrates before using the sealant.
Primer AP-Q is a primer to assist in adhesion on suitable substrates. Admil Adhesives always recommends to conduct “Pre-Adhesion” Tests on substrates to ensure adequate bond is achieved.
- Glass, Metal, Plastic, Vitreous surface, Coated or painted aluminium
All surfaces must be clean, dry, sound, and free from dust, oil, rust, or any other contamination.
Metals should be cleaned with a non-oily solvent soaked clean cloth, such as PROSIL CLEANER 1. Excess solvent should be wiped from the surface with a clean dry cloth. When used on remedial work all existing sealant must be removed. In some instances further cleaning or etching maybe required.