SUPASEAL FIRE AC is a flexible, one component acrylic sealant, fire-rated up to 4 hours for sealing interior and vertical exterior joints up to 50mm wide subject to moderate movement. Ideal for Tilt-up construction / expansion joints, sealing fire door frames and service penetrations, Also used for dry wall partitioning as an acoustic sealant to 56 STC rating.
Seals at room temperature upon exposure to air with excellent adhesion to most common building materials generally without the use of a primer. Applied sealant remains permanently flexible, accommodating up to 30% total joint movement and will retain elastomeric properties under normal ambient conditions.
- Water based – can be applied to damp surfaces / wash-up with water
- Adhesion to most common building substrates
- Paintable – offers good adhesion with most common house paints.
- Durable – Excellent UV and mildew resistance when appropriate premium Exterior Acrylic finish applied.
- Primer is not usually required for most substrates. However, if doubtful, test substrates prior to sealant application.
- Sealing of plaster joints and/ junctions.
- For penetrations through plaster wall systems.
- Sealing electrical cable penetrations.
- Sealing pipe (steel or PVC) penetrations through concrete and/ plaster wall systems.
- Sealing expansion joints in concrete or precast panel systems (Interior Only – not designed for external use).